Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 3 Journal #2

"I carry your heart with me( I carry it in my heart)" by e.e. cummings
S: a person deeply in love
O: confessing his love to his love one
A: anyone who has being love
P: to convey their his love for her will never die as long as his heart beats
S: Love
Tone: loving, wanting, desire
Comparative:
I would relate this poem by e.e. cummings to another poem that I have read in class called "The Hour Glass" by Ben Johnson. I think that these two poems have much in common eventhough they are written by poets with two totally different styles of writing. Cummings has a more loving vibe to his love poems where as Ben Johnson has a more lost, hurtful vibe to his poems. I chose these poems to connect to each other because they both refer to love lasting forever. Cummings shows that love will last forever as he says that he carries her heart with his heart which would mean that he will always have love for her because he will always have a heart. Johnson shows everlasting love in his poem as he refers to ashes of a persons body which use to love and still loves eventhough the body is in ashes. I really like these two poems as I compare them because they have totally different tones to them yet they both send off the same idea and message.

No comments: